Information We Collect From You.
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information (collectively, “Service Data”).
Personal Information (Personal Data)
We collect limited information that may be used to personally identify you. Such information includes:
- Any email addresses you provide to us on the Site
We collect various types of anonymous and non-personally identifiable information, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the domain name of your Internet service provider
- Information about the computer or device you are using to access the Services (including your browser type, operating system, [computer and] device type and model number, your device’s locate (language and country), and your device’s battery information (battery status and battery level))
- Anonymous information about your viewing habits (including which VRC VR content you have watched, where you have paused or resumed such VR content, and where you are looking during your viewing of the VR content)
- Purchases you have made within the Services (including the price of any purchases and how any in-app purchases are used)
- Information about the pages or features of the Site, or applications making available our content, you have visited or browsed, including the time spent on any such pages or features, which buttons were pressed, links which were accessed, and the date and time in which the Site and/or application was being used
- Your location information, which we may collect by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location (though if you do not want us to collect this information, you may disable this feature on your mobile device)
- Your Oculus VR userid number, if you are accessing our Services through Oculus VR
How We Collect Your Information.
We collect information about you through technology, including when you visit our Site or access our content on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices. Such technology may include such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons.
- “Flash cookies” may also be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser or device will not remove Flash cookies. Learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies, you won’t have access to many features that make your guest experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
We may also acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the Service Data we collect from you in order to improve, customize, and enhance our Services, including by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our users’ needs and preferences and for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and similar purposes. We may engage third parties and third party tools to assist in such efforts. We may also use Service Data in order to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
In addition, VRC may use your Personal Data for our marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use such Personal Data to notify you of upcoming releases of our content, or promotions related to VRC that we think might be of interest to you. If you do not want VRC to use your Personal Data to contact you for these purposes, please follow the instructions in “Do Not Contact; Review, Edit or Removal of Personal Data” below.
How We Share Your Information
Information Disclosed to Third Party Service Providers. As mentioned above, we may engage third party service providers to assist us in analyzing our Service Data and in order to help us improve, customize, and enhance our Services. We use Google Analytics in connection with performing industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and similar purposes. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, the Service Data, including your Personal Data, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
Do Not Contact; Review, Edit or Removal of Your Personal Data
If you do not want to be contacted by VRC or do not want VRC to share your Personal Data, or you want to review, edit or remove Personal Data VRC has gathered from you, please let us know:
5700 Wilshire Blvd. Ste 560
Los Angeles, CA 90036
You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your Personal Data to us, we may transfer your Personal Data to the United States and process it there.
Security of Your Information
Responding to Legal Requests
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Use of the Services by Minors
We do not knowingly collect the Personal Data of any minors and ensure against the collection of minors’ personal data by requesting on our Site that no minor provide us with their email address without parental consent. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Last updated: May 4, 2017